Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Visions of chocolate, candy hearts and roses are dancing through the air. If you are like me, a sweet treat is necessary every now and again. Here’s a decadent little dessert from Taste of Home that promises to satisfy your chocolate craving without derailing your work at the studio.
Warm Chocolate Melting Cups
Total Time: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips, coffee and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and egg white until slightly thickened. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to ten 4-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until centers are set. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 197 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.